As part of an effort to achieve broader market penetration, Clarion recently completed the process of obtaining EPA registration for a significantly expanded set of use patterns. This marks the next step in a long commercialization process focused on expanding the approved set of uses of Aqueous iodine in the agriculture, livestock, industrial and waste management sectors.
Historically, Iodine has been limited to uses in the medical industry, primarily due to cost and dosing accuracy issues. However, Clarion’s iSAN delivery system addresses these limitations, making Iodine a viable alternative to chlorine in many applications.
The latest use patterns to be approved by the EPA include:
- Agricultural Water Disinfection
- Animal Drinking Water Disinfection
- Animal Living Quarters & General Farm Premises Sanitation
- Agricultural Equipment & Transport Vehicles Sanitation
- Sanitizing of Food Grade Egg Shells
- Sanitizing HVAC Units
- Sanitizing Retort Cooling Water
- Sanitizing Milking Equipment, Claw Systems & Teat Cups
- Control of Odor in Agricultural, Industrial and Waste Applications